Sunday, April 01, 2007

a weekend at the races

Today was also the day I fell off a truck.

It really hurt. Because I had one leg still on the truck, and one on the ground. This meant that I was suspended in what you could consider a vertical leg split for about a second. After my feat (or a stunt as the others called it, which I was quick to clarify later as completely unintentional), I found myself half-sprawled on the road because half my body was lying down while the other half seemed to be in a kneeling kind of position. I dragged myself up a kerb where I reflected upon how I had gotten myself into this mess and ways in which the mishap could have been avoided. I could find no answer.

For the third time today, I was a victim. A victim of circumstance.

At least I got a free T-shirt today.

No comments: