Saturday, December 22, 2007

Obertauern

Back in Oberursel after 5 day trip to Austria to ski at a place called Obertauern. Drive there takes about half a day, which meant that only 3 days were spent skiing. Seriously though, skiing is the most awesome thing in the world, other than snowboarding.

Couldn't be bothered to take much pictures since my hp camera doesn't do the scenery much justice.

Intruiging sculpture at a rest station on the way there


Landscape starts turning white


There

Alcoholic Tea, which is a specialty. Didn't taste the tea. Didn't finish it either.


Lousy pic


Less lousy pic, showing 1% of the entire area. Sprained my wrist on red slope near the top left.

Had a major wipeout on the last day of skiing around noon. Shouldn't have gone down one of the intermediate slopes so readily. Tumbled for about 10 seconds before landing off piste, with my head and leg hitting something hard along the way. The result? Stitches on my left knee and under my chin. Was pretty cool to see part of my knee bone for the first time.

My conclusion for this trip? God created snow for skiing. Can't wait to get back one day.

1 comment:

ant said...

*ouch* hope you are recovering! merry Christmas tuan! =)