Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Imagining other Worlds

I Thought I Ought to Know

I have no idea what's going on,
And neither do they
when I do ask.
But I just thought
I outta know. What all
this means.

These cacophonies of light,
stuff me with
a blur of meaningless
wavelengths.
I can tell violet from red-

The bludgeoning of sound,
leaves me with
painless bruises,
but there nevertheless.
I know jingle from jangle-

But I just thought
I outta know. What all
this means.

And the people,
Oh it's the worse.
I merely listen
to the babble,
merely comprehend.
And emotions, all that
joy, sadness,
love and hate,
Jimmy shouted and
Mom baked me a cake.
I know them all, but
I just thought
I outta know, what all
this means.

My mind goes dizzy,
when I think of this world.
Dizzy from blankness.
All I'm knowing is
I don't really wake up
in the mornings no more.

My Imagining other Worlds (a levels +6 days) poem. Thought of it while trying to sleep without moving in a shared bed with Lim Chuan En. And I don't really know how I'm going to pull off monday at this rate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there can be miracles when u believe..

Anonymous said...

Thanks Whitney Houston.