Monday, March 26, 2007

ujetynghjdygh??

Spot the Buddy Guy:








These cats are totally awesome. Didn't catch a pic of them climbing up the bamboo plants to feed on their juicy leaves though. It was just like the pandas. In China.









Went to watch the Sasha Bach Band on sat night. Turns out there was NO Sasha Bach. They got cancelled or something. Kinda disappointed so we went to the esplanade to watch the free shows. There was this really grim, grave, sad, emotional, deadpan dude playing radiohead and classical stuff with his band. He sounded like a choir boy but put his falsettos to good use. Great musician. Then we went to Harry's to watch Paul. Stayed for 2 sets. Highlights for me were his rendition of Misty, Mustang Sally and the last one i saw, Hotel California, which he ended with a killer outro (warning us before hand not to try at home or risk bloodshed) involving a thumb movement of extremely high speed (almost vibrating) and a seemingly impossible to coordinate melody line. We left satisfied.

School today. The new time table is way better than before, my latest lesson for the week ends at 3.30pm. Got back physics, B, exceeding expectations but nonetheless felt that I could've gotten an A if I had done a bit more work. Got one of my four lit papers, which i scrapped an E. Not hoping for much though, these are probably the best results I'll be getting for this BT.

I also borrowed some books from the school library too. It's only the second time I've done so, according to the helpful volunteer librarian at the counter who offered that interesting bit of trivia without me having to ask . Borrowed King Rat, Animal Farm and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Books which I've been wanting to read for years but never really bothered to get. Couldn't find Ender's Game though. Well, it's time to catch up on reading, which I haven't really been doing actively for a couple of years.

Oh and I conducted a bunch of character analysis experiments too. Turns out I was right, although I wish I weren't. Oh well that's peoples for you. Sometimes you try to find something more inside them, but they're are just exactly as they seem to be.

No comments: