Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekends

Really feeling the burn this week, with almost the whole Saturday sucked up by live firing. Slept in today and a few hours later, here I am.

Been playing the ukulele recently and I now find myself torn between it and the guitar. Initially, I thought it would be a fill-in for lack of guitar and it's portability meant that I could easily stash it in the cupboard or under my bed in camp. After a few hiccups in finding a playable one, I finally found a half decent piece suitable for honing my chops. Having two strings less than a guitar, you'd think it as a lesser counterpart to the guitar but alas, the beauty lies in the simplicity of four-strings and it's bright sandy beach sound. Think I'll be leaving my trusty old Yamaha acoustic on the stand for awhile.

I want to go to Hawaii one day.

No comments: