Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Foray into Noir Fiction. Part Two.

Crossed the street with promptitude. Heck I didn't even know what I was rushing for, I just thought people always looked cool when in a hurry. Gives them an air of importance, man on a mission, always needed somewhere else. And needed fast. A deafening sound came from the right. Car horn.

Instinctively, I turned my head, just in time to see a car pass behind, missing me by inches. Cursing myself for cliche and lack of self-preservation, I stepped back up onto the curb, back onto land. The mini mall stood at the corner of the street. That's where I was standing. I located the cafe at it's side. Drawing a long, unnecessary sigh, I trudged towards an empty table on the sidewalk. It had been a long walk and things were only going to get worse. Possibly worse than Mr Brain's 4 Pork Faggots.

No comments: